Hello, my dear readers! Today, I’d like to share my sweet potato muffin recipe. These muffins are nutritious, requires little sugar, and are absolutely delicious. This recipe calls for the simplest and most common ingredients, and is absolutely budget-friendly. I can’t wait for you to try the recipe!
Note: this recipe makes 6 medium-sized muffins.
- One medium-size sweet potato (about 6oz)
- 3 tbsps of butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar. If you like the muffins a little sweeter, you can add 1-2 extra tbsps of sugar.
- 2 tbsps of milk powder
- 1 tsp of baking power
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- Cook the sweet potato. You can choose whichever method that you like, whether it is boiling, baking, steaming, or even microwaving. As long as the sweet potato is cooked through, you are good to go!
- Mash the sweet potato. It should yield a bit more than half a cup. We only need 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato for this recipe.
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, milk powder, baking power and baking soda) together and mix well
- Beat the eggs and add melted butter to it. You want to wait for the butter to cool down because you don’t want to cook the eggs!
- Add the wet ingredients from step 4 to the dry ingredients from step 3.
- Add in the mashed sweet potato. Your batter will feel sticky, and that is okay!
- Pour the batter into muffin pan cups, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350ºF (177 °C) for 25 minutes.
Here are the muffins before they were sent to the oven: you can see that the batter is pretty sticky!
And here is the final result:
This is the inside of the muffin:
There you have it! Some healthy and lovely sweet potato muffins to be enjoyed by your entire family! See, it doesn’t cost a lot of money to bring deliciousness and nutrition to the table.
If you enjoyed this blog post or my content in general, feel free to send a lovely coffee my way, or sign up for my newsletter for regular updates!