Here is a quick, easy and healthy recipe for carrot cake muffins! I am using very minimal ingredients and minimal sugar, but the muffins still come out delicious!
For this carrot cake muffin recipe, you will need the following ingredients. These ingredients are enough to make about 10 muffins.
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar/light brown sugar (If you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add up to ½ cup additional sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cups vegetable oil (I like avocado oil)
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots (about one big carrot)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a 12-count muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir the vegetable oil into the dry mix. Add eggs one at a time. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat until well-combined.
- Stir in milk.
- Add carrots and nuts (the latter is optional) and stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into baking cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake at 350F (175C) for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
Feel free to add frosting on top!
There you go! Super quick and easy, and you get to sneak some vegetables into the muffins as well!